California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce 33rd Annual Convention August 15-17, 2012
San Diego – The California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CAHCC), will host its 33rd Annual State Convention on August 15-17, 2012. This year’s convention and expo will take place at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, San Diego, California.
The CAHCC serves as the leading Hispanic statewide business and professional organization promoting the interests of more than 700,000 Hispanic businesses and over 65 local Hispanic chambers in California. The goal of the CAHCC’s Annual Convention is to elevate discussion and participation among Hispanic business owners, corporate business leaders, community leaders, and government officials to address issues of relevance to the Hispanic business community.
The CAHCC State Convention is the premier minority/ethnic business convention in California, offering participants the opportunity to learn the latest trends in business development, network with outstanding business professionals, and gain insights into growing and maintaining a successful business. Throughout the convention, participants have the opportunity to celebrate the educational, political, and economic success of the Hispanic community.
Convention participants will be exposed to some of the most dynamic, enterprising and informative speakers discussing current issues pertinent to the economic growth and development of California business and our communities. Past convention speakers include: California Governors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jerry Brown, Gray Davis and Pete Wilson; Former SBA Administrator Hector Barreto; Oscar, Grammy and Tony Award winning Actress Rita Moreno; Linda Alvarado, owner of the Colorado Rockies; and many more.
This year, the CAHCC convention will feature business procurement and matchmaking sessions designed to bring business owners together with corporate and state procurement officers. Unlike standard business procurement sessions, the matchmaking approach brings together businesses that can truly meet a need and increase their chances for contracting. The CAHCC convention has featured the matchmaking session at previous conventions and has proven to be an extremely effective and successful tool for expanding business opportunities in the Hispanic and minority business community.
Conference participants are invited to join in and engage in the various convention activities, including:
• Discussion of the vital legislative and economic issues affecting our business community with key elected officials and policy makers.
• Informative business development and chamber development sessions.
• Networking Opportunities
• One-on-One Procurement Matchmaking Convention Highlights
• Matchmaking one-on-one with corporate and government representatives to discuss contract and business opportunities. Last year the CAHCC did over 400 matches between businesses-owners and corporate and government agencies. Participate in the match making session and get your share of the billions in contracts that corporate America, Local, State and Federal Government agencies have.
• The “Latina Village” will bring together one of the fastest growing business segments in the economy today – “Latina Businesswomen.” Take part in discussions on being a successful businesswoman in today’s economy. Share your story, learn about what other women are doing and how they are growing their businesses.
• Free Workshops & Business Expo….Learn the latest trends in business, access to capital, venture capital, technology, procurement and much more. Then on Friday, visit the Business Expo and talk with companies who want to help us succeed!!
A few of this year’s Speakers include; Dolores Huerta – UFW, Gaddi Vasquez – former U.S. Ambassador and Former Director of Peace Corps, San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders, Assembly Republican Leader the Hon. Connie Conway, Ernie Gutierrez – CAHCC Chair and CEO or Allied Industries a Hispanic 100 company, the Hon. V. Manuel Perez – Chair CA Assembly Committee on Jobs, Economic Development & the Economy, and many more..
For more information on the convention or to register visit the CAHCC website at WWW.CAHCC.COM or call 800-299-6033.